Sunday, 30 January 2005

Yesterday we went shopping after the Little Gym. Normally Daddy and Frunty go off on Sat. mornings for the L.G but the last two, I have come as well to do some filming and so that afterwards we can do some things. We were looking for a microwave as we think with a new baby in the house, it may be a lot easier and quicker to heat up stuff from the freezer for last-minute meals. We came home with underwear for Frunty!



Frunty wants to wear underwear, he says. It's Sunday and his first day ever of wearing underwear. I think that J got on the phone and told him he should wear underwear but I am not sure. He doesn't like a wet diaper and or wearing anything for that matter. But today he is happy wearing his new underwear (with dogs on them, paw prints and "woof woof") and we will see how it goes. Lately Frunty wants to use the toilet as well, not his potty. We have tried never to pressure him about any of this, just gently encouraging instead, and he sees what J is doing who is six months older and he tries to copy her.



We aren't in a rush about toilet training but if he does want to go to playschool he has to be just about toilet trained. We aren't sure about preschool for the moment. We are busy with the L.G and are starting back up with Mandarin lessons as of this Monday. We have been trying to get him to bed early. Currently Frunty goes to bed at about 8pm and sleeps through til 9 am or 9:30am. So we would have to revamp that too.



On the one hand, it is such a great opportunity for Frunty to be learning French and he definitely picks up a lot at the L.G. He would no doubt be pretty fluent in a few months if not weeks. And since we might not stay here, it would be a shame to miss that opportunity. Experts say that the capacity to learn will never be so great again. Well...we'll see how this underwear experiment goes.



Just now, Daddy said he was going to walk Mowgli so I quickly dressed Frunty because he wanted to go too after he grabbed 50 cents. When I put on his pants I reminded him that because he was wearing underwear, he would have to tell Daddy if he had to go pee pee. And Frunty said, in the most adorable way ever, "I know. It's okay, Mommy." There are moments that just could not be any cuter. And perhaps he'll forget as he is throwing one glass bottle into the huge recycling box after another, or bending down to pick up a little daisy that is growing into the sidewalk or trying to close someone's gate or climb up somebody else's steps. But who cares? He is trying on his own terms to do a very big boy thing and I am impressed!



Please remember that this blog is partly my own diary of events so that I may never forget all the treasured times we are having with our little guy while "Tiny baby" is kicking away too. This morning the guys said "hello" and other fun stuff to Tiny Baby who kicked in response. Once I have digested my oatmeal/bulghur concoction (yes, I eat this because it is good for pregnant women) piled high with raspberries to help it all go down easier, I will take Tiny Baby out for a run.



Have a great Sunday everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment