We woke up to more snow this morning and cold, blustery winds. It is only about minus 5 but still, very un-Brussels-like. J&J came for lunch and the kids played air hockey while the Moms prepared a Chinese lunch. After that, the Js had to go home and so I took Frunty to the musical instrument museum. On the first Wednesday of each month, the museums are free in the afternoons and so we finally took advantage of this special offer.
Frunty liked wearing the headphones for awhile as we walked around and listened to various instruments. We really liked the harp music. A performer from Mexico had just finished a live performance during which he demonstrated several different instruments. Everyone left just as Frunty and I arrived. I asked the man when his next performance would be and he said that that was it for today. But he was very kind and gave us a little private concert nonetheless. It was wonderful and even Tiny Baby kicked along with the music. A photographer came by and took pictures of us. She left before I could ask why she was taking our picture!
One of the highlights was taking the train there and back. On certain days, when it is really raining, I wish I had a car but mostly, I am actually very happy that I don't. The joy that Frunty gets from taking trams/buses/trains and just plain walking, is really worth everything to me. He gets so excited everytime and it almost seems like the first time for him each time. Frunty makes "choo choo" sounds and asks questions about different sounds he hears. Like when the metro doors are closing, there is a chime sound and when the train gets to the station, there is a sound of the brakes. And sometimes there is a busker playing on the train and Frunty puts a little coin into his/her pouch.
If we had a car, we would have different experiences and perhaps fun singing along with Raffi. But because Frunty's car seat is too low to really see out well, I feel that these other modes of transportation where he can see so well, provide much more fun and entertainment for the little guy whose got so many questions and whose eyes are open wide. He is joyfully taking his world in during these journeys and it seems like they are often as fun as the final destination! (that may sound all a bit sappy but he really does love these trips and so do I!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment