Wait, I made an error. I also had two full days with those two boys way back when the Nonni were still in Italy and we had already come back. Those two days were so hard, I think I tried to forget about them. I would look at my watch and it was 9 am and then I'd look again and it'd be 9:20 am and I thought Daddy would never come home. Finally phoned him at 5 pm and he could figure out that he had to come home immediately! The following day was a bit better but not really. You know, if I could sleep more, all of this would be a piece of cake (yah, right!) Speaking of sleep...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
(to think I used to babysit three kids at age 13 and then other little ones all summer...but I didn't have to contend with sleep deprivation and hormonal swings! And when I admit how challenging it is to other moms around here, the more women seem to admit to me too how hard it is too. So liberating!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment