Tuesday, 6 December 2005

Today was a special day not just because it was St. Nicholas day but because it was the first day that Frunty did not cry before going to school. He did whimper a tiny bit but did not scream and cry as he usually does. Thank goodness. I really hope that that is over. Poor little guy, such anxiety. He always says he has fun and that is why we kept taking him.

Tiny Two Legs smacks his highchair with his hand making a loud sound and gets really excited when I get out the Braun to puree something for him. He loves these combos:

for breakfast: oatmeal with apple/banana or peach- pureed

for lunch or dinner: also cooked and pureed:

tofu and peas
squash/apple and a tiny bit of ginger

snacks: mashed avocado or banana and sucking on clementines!

I am having a lot of fun making him food which I never got to do with Mister Two Legs. I never pureed him anything as he went from breastmilk to steak and skipped that in between stage! Frunty also likes helping puree food for his little brother and will have a snack with him

Together they sit on the mat playing trains. Well, T.T.L sort of chews on his train from Grampa, called Douglas, while Frunty arranges the tracks. For the last two weeks I would say, I have been able to leave the two of them on the mat together to play while I make a cup of tea and even drink it! I can hardly believe that I am able to do this and appreciate it so much. Frunty is an excellent brother and will bring T.T.L a new toy if he starts fussing. He will even run over to me and tell me if his brother is upset or has fallen over, not that I am unaware of this! That five minutes I get to myself is very nice but I am happy to get back to them to do Yoga Kids or some other fun game like Lotto (Bingo) or a craft or just watch a bit of Barney.

We have some new friends from Scotland who are just great and live nearby. They are here for two years so we can look forward to lots of fun times ahead. We enjoyed a play date at their home this afternoon and Frunty and I made Auntie L's coffee cake to bring over. They loved it! I will try to write in this blog more often as I don't want to forget all the fun times we are having with the boys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment