Sunday, 12 February 2006

Last night we returned from an excellent holiday in Turkey. Nonna and I got last-miinute tickets from Tui Travel and flew down there with the kids while Daddy worked in Dubai/Saudi Arabia. We were able to enjoy the children very much without worrying about market/cooking/cleaning and also had lots of fun at a snake park, Phaselis (Ancient Roman ruins, incredible) and the "hamman". Have you ever had a Turkish bath? I had always thought that it was just a steam room. But it is an entire experience which includes being scrubbed/washed/massaged and then it starts all over again. Nonna treated me to a 1 1/2 hour treatment and I thought I had gone to Turkish heaven! If only I could have one treatment like that a week! I will go back to Turkey just for that alone.

We had some awesome rain/thunder/lightening storms and power failures in the hotel and at other times, we had sunshine and enjoyed a warm breeze by the ocean. We drank in the sea air as much as we could. Our hotel was surrounded by mountains and we could see the snow. We took the bus here and there on our adventures and experienced some of the local comings and goings.

The Turks in the hotel really love children and made a fuss over ours everyday and helped us with the stroller when there wasn't a ramp. Frunty made friends with the animateur, Becko, who in turn called him "Sharky" because Frunty wore a shark shirt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment