Friday, 10 March 2006

Last week, Peauteau started spitting out his purees. Well, he didn't spit out the homemade applesauce I guess because it is too yummy to have dribbled down onto his bib. I thought that he didn't like his "dinner" purees but cut up some steamed veggies and discovered that he wanted to feed himself. I didn't really think much of it until I read a mom's comment below and then realized that Peauteau has reached a milestone...at 8.5 months old. Tonight he had sweet potato/reg. potato/fish/banana/apple all in little chunks which he really enjoyed eating. He does not use his "pincers" all the time, sometimes he just grabs it and puts his fist(s) into his mouth. He is so cute. He lets me feed him yogourt though but often tries to grab the spoon which he has been doing for more than a month. I guess we are moving along then really well and he wants to feed himself which is fine with me.

"As early as 10 months, my son would reach for the spoon as I fed him. By 11 months, he refused to be fed by spoon, and would only eat if he could pick up the food with his fingers (or make a lucky attempt with a spoon himself). I take all this as a sign of his independence, and am grateful for the help at mealtimes!"

I took the boys to a music class today run by a Polish woman which was fun and I will continue to take Peauteau when we are in the city. Frunty had the day off from school and that is why he joined us. He really enjoyed it and so next time he has a school holiday on a Friday, I will take him as well. Afterwards we stopped by our friend's for a chat before coming home to finish working on our gingerbread house to take to our afternoon playdate at our French friend's home. S is Frunty's classmate at school and her mom invited a few other moms/kids over. It was a lovely time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment