Tonight while Frunty was brushing his teeth, Pit opened up a jar of cream. He poked his finger in the jar and I thought he was going to put some on his face like he has done in the past. But instead, he went over to Frunts, bent down and smeared the cream on the back of his knees. Frunty has eczema and obviously, Pit has noticed. What I notice about Pit is how he often tries to take care of others. When I have some boo boos on my feet (eczema), Pit will really study them and then try to apply cream. He looks at the boo boos and I feel like I am being inspected by a doctor. It is a weird feeling because Pit is so tiny, just having turned two, but started doing this at least six months ago. I don't care what he becomes but I do find it interesting and wonder what the future holds.
Mami and Papi just left from Charleroi. We enjoyed their week long visit and thought the loft they rented downtown was great as it encouraged us to do activities downtown too. Yesterday we took them to a farm "pedagogique" for kids out in the countryside and enjoyed a bbq. Today we spent the entire day at the club. First we put the kids in the "playzone" so we could all exercise and then we all went swimming and took turns in the sauna, light therapy sauna and steam room. I held Pit for two hours while he slept and that was relaxing too. I hope Mami and Papi enjoyed their visit as much as we did.
It was fun for Frunty to show them how well he is swimming now and Pit showed how he swims with water wings. Frunty and I have figured out how to make washing his hair fun by wearing goggles so the soap and water don't go in his eyes! No more tears! Pit won't wear the goggles so we have to wash his hair really quickly and listen to a bit of screaming until I can wipe his eyes with a towel. Daddy worked from home today and when we arrived at 5 pm, the lamb roast was almost done. Daddy made a really delicious dinner for us which we enjoyed with Frunty's friend, Leo, whom we were babysitting while his folks move house. He just wanted to eat lamb!
We will miss Mami and Papi. That is the way it goes when you live abroad.

0 comments:
Post a Comment