Thursday, 14 June 2007

The two kids are like bear cubs with lots of playing, play fighting, frolicking around...especially before bed. The other day we went to Caroline's to play with Sophie and her and we were all playing Le Verger when my two decided to take a little break and do some wrestling. It was really adorable, the two of them on the carpet, rolling around a little bit and you can really picture polar bear cubs playing with one another. In this way, they have contact with one another, snuggling, kissing, hugging etc. and after a day of being apart, reconnect with each other. It is very sweet.

Frunty goes to bed pretty well on his own now most nights with very little complaint. Pit on the other hand is quite furious and does some screaming. Usually we have to go in and help him settle down. We have not been consistent and so he gets used to snuggling and falling asleep with us and then when he has to do it on his own, isn't pleased to say the least and who can blame him? Some nights it is just not possible so we tell him we will keep the door open and he has to stay in bed and that seems to work with little fuss.

Frunty's school year is winding down and at the beginning of the month his class performed for the Fancy Fair along with the other classes. Frunty really did very well, performing an African dance with a lot of gusto. The day before we got him a little character to put in his pocket so that during the dance, he could squeeze it for comfort but he said he did not need the character. We got it anyway for him and during the show, he brought it out of his pocket to show us. It was really cute.

Pit is still enjoying the Little Gym and does somersaults and lots of swinging and likes the balance beam very well. He does not like running around during the warm-up but instead, let's me run around carrying him. Of course, I get super warm this way! He also does not like the bubble time at the end as much and I think it is because there are a lot of kids crashing into one another. I must say, the L.G has grown in size, with 700 kids a week now, but that means the classes are too big, in my opinion and the quality has gone down a bit. I guess that happens unfortunately and I am therefore reluctant to join next year.

When Daddy travels, I now use his car which he leaves behind for me. That sure helps me out, especially in the rain! My journey time to the L.G for example is 1 hour by bus/tram/walking or 40 minutes by bike. By car, 15 minutes or less so once in awhile, I am grateful for the car as a kind of treat. My favourite way to get to the gym though is by bicycle throught the old Chemin de Fer which is just beautiful, through the forest, with trees creating a canopy above our heads.

I am glad that I finally got my Belgian driver's license as driving Daddy's car is amazing and I deserve the luxury. This may sound boastful but 4 years of no driving, I now deserve a bit of a break as shuttling two kids on and off the metro, pulling the stroller up and down escalators etc. is pretty exhausting. I know that that was better for the environment but driving once a week or so is not too horrific especially if I cut down in other areas like not having as many hot baths!

Daddy is traveling quite a bit still but here this week so I am grateful. Plus, when Daddy is here he is 100% hands-on so it more than makes up for when he is not here. I really appreciate all his help with the kids, everything he does for us...we are really lucky.

Well, I have tried to update you a little more as I did fall quite behind. I will write again using my calendar to remember significant events in the last two months. For all of you that read this, I hope you are doing well and will update us on what you are up to too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment