Monday, 9 June 2008

Today, dressed in his new Batman tshirt with cape (a secondhand purchased from St. Anthony's Fayre) Pit had his tongue operated on at St. Elizabeth's 2 Alice clinique. A few months ago our dentist noticed that Pit's tongue was too attached and referred us to a specialist who agreed with Dr. Michiels and referred us directly to a surgeon who took a look today. He agreed and they were about to find an appointment at the end of July when I asked if they could do it today and voila. It's done.

Pit was a real trooper. When the doctor asked him if he wanted to be spoken to in French he shook his head but for English, he nodded. He cried a tiny bit when his tongue was frozen and didn't like the serviette put over his shirt even though I tried to explain that it would get the cherry cream off of it.

Anyway, it went quickly and we came home right away for frozen lollies that Daddy had waiting and we practised licking a Chuppa chuppa with big brother, Frunty, showing Pit how it is done! Pit could for the first time, stick his tongue out and no longer will say, "I can't, I can't". He wanted to phone Joe and Peggy since lunchtime and so we did so after we got home and we told the story. It will take a few days before his tongue gets used to having more mobility and we may hear a difference in his speaking ability very soon.

I am just thrilled for Pit. Although his three languages were really coming along well, he is no longer tongue tied and should make big strides from here on out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment