Thursday, 4 December 2008

Day 1: We are vegans.

Okay, this is really different but I am game for anything...no pun intended. There won't be any game or any other meats for quite some time. Our md wants us to be very strict for the next six weeks and I love the challenge. For breakfast, lunch and dinner, I had LENTILS.

The kids are absolute peaches and don't like meat anyway. Well, they like Daddy's sugo and sometimes sausages. Frunty was hilarious. I asked him to eat some lentils at lunch and he made the funniest face and said, "I will try!" It was so funny, you had to be here. Pit didn't eat lentils but he eats enough of everything else and I know it is balanced...based on hours and days and weeks of research...

Anyway, I have been wanting to be a vegetarian for a short while now so I am glad the doctor told us to do so...however, omitting eggs as well is hard. I need to get to the Asian food store this weekend and buy boat loads of other types of "pulses" otherwise, how are we going to make it!?

The kids didn't even notice the can of white beans I pureed in with the spinach pesto!

Gotta go, need time to think about what I can serve tomorrow. Probably vegetarian sushi.

Let's get one thing straight. I'll try anything once...well, almost anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment