Saturday, 6 December 2008

Happy St. Nicholas!

St. Nicholas came early this morning to our home and found a hot chocolate, some speculoos cookies, a carrot and some hay for his donkey and left behind a present. Frunty woke up so early but has to wait for his brother to wake up so they can open it together. So Frunty is watching Wall-E beside me as I type. I had hoped to sleep in this morning but alas, it is just too exciting around here! And to top it off, my friend's dog is staying with us and started licking my cheek and my hand which was hanging off the bed.

I did have a super nice snuggle with Frunty as I tried to get him to fall back asleep. This afternoon we are off to the club where St. Nicholas will arrive with Zwarte Piet and tomorrow, he'll come to the Little Gym. Mind you, we already met him at Colruyt a few weeks ago when he gave the kids a big bag full of candy, an Advent Calendar, a Winnie-the-Pooh mug and piggy bank, puppet etc.

Tonight our friends are coming over with their little boy, Leander. We invited them about a year ago and something kept happening to postpone our dinner together.

Day 3: Vegan attempt: well, last night I went to the Lounge 81 for Anna's baby shower/dinner and although I managed to get a vegetarian pasta, it was not gluten-free and was full of cream. Imagine carrying around your own tupperware and asking it to be heated up? I am not going to go that far! Obviously, avoiding the "restricted" items as much as possible is reasonable and hopefully will show results. Absolute restriction will be next to impossible especially when we travel up to Finland at Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment