Today our friends, K and E and baby, F, came over for lunch. They are visiting from Twickenham for the weekend. We had such a nice lunch (I made Indian) and then a lovely walk in Woluwe park. Baby F is adorable. After we said good bye, I went over to our Norwegian friend's house to join our two boys (whom I had left just before the walk so they could play a bit before baking) and some others to make Christmas cookies. One of our friends, Annebeth, made a gluten-free/egg-free/milk-free gingerbread dough and the cookies were excellent. I was so grateful that she made them. I brought some allergy-free speculoos with me and they got devoured by all the kids but it was nice our kids could make some cookies that they could eat too.
We are trying our best to eliminate the foods as I mentioned but at the school's Christmas market last night, it was next to impossible to say "no" to hot dogs/cookies etc. I felt like I broke down a bit but it isn't like a peanut allergy which can be fatally serious. Today we are back on track though and that is what counts. It is cold here but not snowing...clear blue skies but who knows, it may still snow again before and after Christmas. We'll have to get down the Grande Place for the market.
Time for a nice, hot cup of tea...we keep our house a little cool so the heat doesn't make our skin dry. Plus I am tired from all the festivities lately and also, coming home late from the comedy show last night! It's a fun time of year...just gotta pace ourselves. Tomorrow, packing for Finland and 4 pm Christmas fete at our British/Indian friends' home where we will stay a short time so we can keep our routine with the kids in tact. Good night all!

0 comments:
Post a Comment