Frunty had a day off today. Un jour pedagogique so I kept Pit home too so we could have fun together. The kids really wanted to stay home and I respected that, given that it was quite a rainy day anyway. We started with Hooked on Phonics and Pit sat beside us on the couch and repeated the sounds too, "ch", "sh", "wh" etc. Very cute.
Later in the day, Lisa came to get Watson as we had been babysitting him this past week so I took the opportunity to ask L to babysit while I did some errands. That was really helpful. I put a movie on: The Three Musketeers. I heard Pit later call them the Three Musketbeers in the park. After L left, I encouraged the boys to get on their horses and go to the park as they were dressed as chevaliers and doing sword fights. We took off, stopping at the butcher to get some "saucisson Billy" (cold cuts with teddy bears on them which they inhaled right then and there in the shop) and then went to Paradis Enfants despite the rain.
I was Princess Buttercup and the Musketbeers protected me from dragons and trogladytes and galloped around, hiding in bushes and the bamboo. They went through the magic tunnel, killing rats and spiders on the way, thus making the journey safe for future townspeople to travel through. Later we returned to the home of the trolls (chez nous) where it was safe and we could warm up and the kids helped me make rice balls, Japanese style.
I am glad that we got out for that hour and they were ready at that time to get some fresh air. Better get some rest now as Gramma and Grampa are arriving tomorrow morning for a week's holiday with us before they go on their boat cruise from Prague to Berlin. Guten Nacht.

0 comments:
Post a Comment