Friday, 24 April 2009

Daddy and I took the two kids to school today and went on a date downtown to Kam Yuen Asian Food shop and two English-speaking bookstores. It was spontaneous and fun and I enjoyed myself a lot. Just taking the metro, being together, in the sun. Really nice. We got back in time to get the kids from school and enjoy lunch together as a family. The kids have started to eat salad this week which is really quite lovely. After lunch, we played our new pirate game together which we all love called Piratatak and then with Frunts back at school, Pit and I worked on our chalk art driveway. We continued drawing the train and a rainbow, sun and clouds and wrote "Frunty and Pit's Party Zone" which Pit wanted me to write. It was fun to just be in the sun and listen to Pit chatting about any old thing and work together with our colour chalk eggs. The very simple joys of life are without number.

About an hour later, I picked up Frunt, brought him home and we all got in the car so Daddy could come and watch Karate. Followed by pool time, instead of bricolage. Daddy and I took turns going in the sauna and playing with our kids in the pool. Came home, easy dinner of sandwiches (Annebeth just made us our special, gluten-free bread in her machine) and salad and then off to bed. Now it is time for a movie with the Daddy. What a really great day and fun way to end the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment