Saturday, 25 April 2009

Almost every morning, I wake up to find that there is one extra person in our bed. This would be Pit, who better than a ninja, steals into our bedroom and under our covers in between us. I have no idea how he gets there or when, although I can narrow it down to usually between midnight and 4am. Last night was different. I woke up around 3:30am to the sound of him fussing around in the toilet. Then he crept quietly into bed and got comfortable. He shuffled The Mommy awake but he never touched me although he must have a sixth sense because he knew I was awake too. He whispered, "Daddy," pause "I love you." I couldn't help but answer him, "I love you too." Next came the request to The Mommy for some water who craftily knew I was awake and got me to deliver. Such are the comings and goings of our evenings - we wish they would stop but secretly hope that they dont. Later in the morning, at the reasonable hour of 11am, I loaded Pit in the seat at the back of the bicycle and we went to Jack O'Shea's for sausages for our BBQ later today. We had lots of fun running our errands while Frunty stayed at home to do some English reading practice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment