Wednesday, 29 April 2009

We started the day rushing off to school as usual and with Frunty complaining of a "pulled bone". He was pretty upset about it when we went swimming (yes, it was a petit jour today) and I threw him during our usual, Kung Fu Panda game. But this time, the pulled bone wasn't in his leg anymore but rather, up by his shoulder somewhere.

Anyhoo, around 5:15pm I told the kids to get into their pajamas and grab a doo-doo. (stuff, plush toy) But something was strange tonight because I told them to put on their crocks as well. Boy were they surprised when they saw me put on my coat and I had to tell them we were going on a pj adventure! Once or twice a year the little bibliotheque in our area hosts a story-time session for little ones and we finally made it! The kids were so excited but settled down well to hear the lovely stories presented by two of the librarians.

At the end, they served milk or soya to all the kids. Since we are still taking a break from both, I took the soyas home. How great that neither of my kids complained about this at all or even questioned it. Their acceptance brings me peace. I know it is hard. I am not saying it isn't. Especially with all the other ones around them sipping away. But we got back home and they had a second dinner and lovely fruit and tomorrow morning I have a surprise for them at breakfast...coconut juice!

I was worried that after the pool we would all be too tired to go to the library. I didn't want to miss it this time. I am really glad we made it! And thanks to Shirley at the club, I could heat up pancit, dinogoan (spelling?) and make a fresh pot of rice and a salad for a really nice dinner when he got home. All in all, a very beautiful day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment