The Hills: We have made some really great, new friends and went over to their home for a bbq yesterday. Although it had been raining, we were really lucky that it cleared up at the time of putting the chicken on the outside grill. I did bring my camera but unfortunately, forgot to line the 6 cutie kids up, under the age of 8, on the couch before leaving for a shot.
One thing that was impressive was that there were no fights among our kids during our time together! But more wonderful was the fact that Mandy prepared a meal that we all could enjoy. Having lived through the whole food allergy challenge herself, she understands what it is like...no teasing/questioning/commenting etc. What a relief to be able to enjoy a meal together during which "it" is not an issue! I am really grateful for that. I brought an allergy-free carrot cake. It takes time to get used to new textures and tastes. Everyone said it was fine and it sure did get gobbled up pretty fast!
Our new friends just spent three years in Guam and I was really interested in seeing pictures of their time there. When I lived in Japan, I remember that Shinichi went their for his honeymoon. It looks like paradise on earth. Check out: http://hillsnapshot.blogspot.com/ (Mandy's blog is awesome!)
I would love to experience life in the tropics...what does that feel like?
Anyway, Pit and Emory, the third Hill child, are in the same class with Mme Claire. So we get to see them everyday and hope to have them over here soon. Brussels is such a great place because even though dear friends leave, new ones soon come along. Although we are a bit surprised that we are still here, we are enjoying our time nonetheless.

1 comments:
Thanks so much for coming over guys! It was a nice time and perhaps we can get you to come once more before you depart Belgium?
Post a Comment