As we have told most everyone by now, Daddy is checking out a job possibility in Singapore. The initial reaction of the kids was pretty negative, especially Frunty who would like a "new house but in the same village". Pit has become a bit more positive over time as we look at the exciting opportunities of possibly relocating and how we can still keep in touch with family and friends, most of whom will visit us hopefully.
On Thursday we were having our lunch time picnic at the park and talking a bit about Singapore. I mentioned that there is a ferry to Sentosa island that looks really neat when Frunty said, "Good!" I thought, "wow! that's positive" when all of a sudden he added, "I can jump off that ferry and swim back to Belgium!"
I could not help laughing my head off and even Frunty tried his hardest not to laugh, keeping his lips pursed as tightly together as possible. I think humour will get us through, whatever we end up deciding to do.
Daddy received some maps of Singapore so we can take a look at what's what. It does look like a very exciting opportunity. We will miss a lot of things about Belgium like:
*friends we have made
*opportunities to travel within Europe
*the club
*(in the past and missing right now already) chocolate, waffles and beer
Some of us won't miss the weather, not naming any names!!
Well, we'll keep you all posted!

0 comments:
Post a Comment