Today we celebrated Pit's birthday by having a party with his friends in our home. I am really thrilled at how well it went...no tears, no fights, just fun. We invited 9 kids but only 5 could come. I have to say that Frunty did an excellent job of helping me prepare by blowing up balloons and creating the tin-can-toss game which was a hit, albeit noisy, with tin cans crashing to the ground. We also did fishing on the back porch and it luckily stopped raining for the short time we needed to enjoy that game. We also enjoyed pass-the-parcel and the prize was Haribos that all the kids could have on the spot. For craft time, we coloured some pirate pictures and decorated picture frames again this year. I will put the birthday picture in them tomorrow when I get them developed and deliver to each child. The two girls worked on making candle holders but the boys were pretty happy playing
with the new gifts together.I like how Frunty told the kids what to do next and how he explained the gift-giving game during which you pass around the balloon and do a song. When the song stops and the balloon is in your hands, the birthday child opens your gift. I forgot the name but will ask Frunts tomorrow. His French is so great and his ability to organize the games and kids really helped me a great deal.
Daddy went early to the market and bought beautiful fruit for the party: watermelon, cherries, apricots and tons of strawberries. I am super pleased with the
two cakes I made from the cookbook Daddy gave me for gluten-free vegans. I made a divine chocolate brownie-cake and a carrot cake with pineapple and shredded coconut. I really loved when Pit and Frunty laughed when they saw the chocolate cake which I made into a train. On the front car, I had put a picture of Pit's face and on the caboose, a picture of his feet. Frunty wants the same for his cake! He wants a carrot cake with chocolate icing for his swimming party at our club next Saturday.It was just such a nice party. And Pit and Frunty played in the front room so beautifully afterwards with the late evening sun starting to shine in. I took a picture and will include it soon. It was a beautiful moment to see them together like that, enjoying eachother's company. What a day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment