Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Arrived for the surprise! The Mommy and the Bello Boys sure were surprised when I jumped in the water to swim with them. And just in time too - Frunty had cried for me the night before I showed up for the first time in 3 weeks and Pit has clung to me since I've arrived and randomly tells me he loves me and plants big wet kisses on my cheek. Good thing I made the effort despite the difficulties of juggling various responsibilities. I booked plane tickets 30 hours in advance.
The setup is very nice and we take it quite easy during the day. So much so that the children don't eat supper until almost 9pm and the adults after 11pm. Today, Frunty has gone off with the Mommu for a hike to another beach and Pit is helping me tell this story. We're going to play Lego and generally stay out of the blistering sun.
Our little tent area has been tidied up and Frunty and Pit even won a prize for Best Setup. We grouped heavy rocks to make a round pit area for story time, a bunch of rocks make a little "sink", and Frunty and Pit had an idea to setup a tombstone for the Ghost of Pirate Giovanni, the protagonist during story time.
The water is crystal clear and a little cool getting in so it's refreshing swim after some hot sun and beach. The beach is made of tiny pebbles, the kind you find in fish tanks, so it's reasonably soft and we prefer it to fine sand because it's easier to stay clean.
I just asked Pit if I missed anything in this update and he said, "I like Mommy and Daddy!" There you have it - todays update.
* Claudio Scarabello, mobile: +32 477 27 97 10. Sent using handheld email device.

0 comments:

Post a Comment