Afterschool, Daddy took Frunty to pick up our employment/dependant passes. We thought we weren't supposed to smile in the photos so we all look kind of sad but that is nowhere near the truth! I took Pit to the Museum of Asian Civilization to check it out. Pit was a bit scared as it was kind of dark inside with sombre music so we spent more time in the museum shop looking for things we would like to buy for our new home when we eventually get it!
We were walking around afterwards when we got a phone call from Daddy and we decided to meet for kuru-kuru sushi. Yum! And a great way to celebrate getting our passes. I still can't really believe we are here because I was listening to the news this evening and when they said, "Singapore" I couldn't connect it with the fact that I am indeed in Singapore. It is a funny feeling to all of a sudden realize that you are in the place you've always heard of as being somewhere else from where you were. I don't think I can explain the previous sentence!! Never matter, as the kids would say.
After they hit the hay, Daddy had to start work and I went off to the center of the city as it is especially beautiful at night. I have trouble believing it will always be summer here. Pit argued with me about this actually today. It was pretty funny. He said, "no mommy, it'll get windy and cold and rainy!" and he insisted that it wouldn't stay warm. It was kind of cool today but I was still in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. If this is as cold as it will get, it's pretty amazing. All those damp, cold, miserable days in Brussels are a thing of the past. I never really minded them but it is nice to have a change. I was frozen at the Toys R Us yesterday and I did complain about that! A little overboard with the air-con!

0 comments:
Post a Comment