Monday, 12 October 2009

Juicing Queen

On Saturday we visited Ikea. It was a lot of fun to take a look at what we can purchase when we get our new home. We are still in temporary housing but because we are in a fun area called Hougang, it is nice. The commute to school is tiring though so I hope we can finalize something soon.

Anyway, after Ikea we visited a shop called The Courts which has home/electronics and a fun, play zone for Whiz Kids. We put the kids in for an hour and walked around to check out furniture, beds etc. I found myself in the kitchen department and came home with a Philips Juicer! The representative gave me a bag of apples and carrots so I could juice that very night. I had asked for one or two but he insisted I take the whole bag "compliments of Philips!" He also gave me a thermos and two mugs.

So we have been juicing ever since. Apple and carrot and I have had celery and green apple. I plan to make different variations. It's a good way to get the kids to try different veggies and with the pulp, we can make carrot cake or something else. On Sunday, we made pancakes with the pulp.

I don't think the fun ever does stop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment