It seems to be part of the culture here to go for an express manicure or pedicure or back massage. So I say, why not partake in this Singaporean past-time! I am now typing with nails which are almost, I can see, the same colour as my champagne-pink laptop!! Go wild!
The kids are asleep. They had a great Mandarin lesson tonight. I could hear the three of them laughing a lot while Daddy and I discussed housing issues in the other room. I could hear Frunty and Pit saying words in Mandarin. Sounds great.
Frunty has informed us that he is a "master" bowler and has started his own bowling club at school. While Pit wants to return to Brussels where the sushi tastes better, Frunty doesn't want to leave his school and new friends, not ever. Apparently they bowl each morning before classes and he has formed a team with Miguel, Isqandar and Amira, the tiny girl with glasses. How cute can you get?! He told all of this to me while we were in the sauna afterschool today. (we need to warm up as the pool can be chilly...I never thought I would use the word "chilly" while in Singapore except when inside a department store!)
We enjoyed kuru-kuru sushi again. It is fun to watch the kids take the different dishes off the conveyor belt and Frunty orders different dishes himself using the mouse. (each table as its own computer.) Luckily Sakae Sushi delivers because we may not live very close to one of their branches in our new home...wherever that may be! In the meantime, we'll enjoy sushi and purchasing bags of fruit afterwards. While I pay at Sakae, the kids run over and choose a gorgeous, freshly cut piece of fruit at the little fruit bar where we get or got freshly squeezed juices. I give them the money and they really have fun doing the transactions themselves. They are very gracious and tell me they say "thank you"!
What fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment