Thursday, 15 October 2009

Our New Home

Today Daddy and I made an offer for a home here in Singapore and we'll wait to find out if the owners accept. I'll talk more about that when we have some confirmation. The kids and I went there today to take a look after having gone swimming across the street at another condo project that is brand new and has awesome facilities.

Then we headed home to meet Eli for a sushi dinner. We met Eli from Japan in the elevator at our old place near Orchard Road. In about 30 seconds, we found out that she is off to Toronto for a year and we quickly exchanged email addresses. Now she'll be staying with a close family friend in Toronto and she is really happy about it. I was thinking about how my relationship with Japan continues to grow year after year. I did promise to promote ties between Canada and Japan and have done so faithfully ever since I left Japan in 1998.

Today was such a gorgeous day. It was grey and there was a slightly cool breeze. Cool is still about 26 degrees Celsius though! Although it rained a bit, it doesn't get cold afterwards. It gets steamy hot as soon as the sun comes out. It feels like you're in a steam room. I personally love it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

salut les amis,
nous avons eu quelques problèmes avec notre adresse e-mail. Tout devrait rentrer dans l'ordre bientôt et nous pourrons de nouveau communiquer facilement.
En attendant, grosses bises à vous tous!
The B. Family from Mimosas street

Post a Comment