Nonna has a poem on her fridge about how to have fun with kids and I have kept a lot of it in my mind all these years. Like going to the cinema in your jammies. Haven't planted licorice yet but have used it as a straw while drinking gingerale. I like the one about surprising kids sometimes too.
So today afterschool, instead of walking to the MRT and coming home, we jumped in a taxi. The kids tried to guess where our adventure was headed but I said, "It's a surprise". It was fun when we arrived at Parkway Parade and approached the area where kids can make a craft to stick on the window without making an appointment. The kids cheered! We had seen this craft corner when we first visited the mall. I think it was our first week in Singapore.
Afterwards, we had some time to use up before their tied-for-first place dinner spot, "Pepper Steak" minus the pepper! So I suggested massages. I have offered several times before. Boy was I shocked when Frunty said he would like to try a half hour reflexology treatment!!
And didn't he sit in that chair, forcing it to recline, with his hands behind his head, wearing his school uniform, having his feet massaged like a little prince? Afterwards he told me that it was "heaven" but during he said, "I love it. I want to come back everyday!" That's my son!
On the price list, there is a section for kids because isn't it lovely that children are encouraged to enjoy this healthy past-time as well? Pit sat and watched Frunty while I had a back, shoulder, neck massage. If you come to visit, and you like massage, you'll see how great it is to have these spontaneous treatments at incredibly low prices compared to the "west". Who can resist?!
After the massages came dinner and then another jump in the taxi to make it home. We did manage, just for the record, to do half an hour of math homework at a little wooden desk in a book shop called Borders at the mall while Pit looked through some books. Afterwards we read some together and it made me feel like I was at a Chapters again. It's been a long time! It was really fun and I just love the selection of kids' books. Soon we'll get library cards too.

0 comments:
Post a Comment