Thursday, 12 November 2009

Fish Spa and IKEA Fun!

Frunty has holidays these next two days and luckily, Daddy could enjoy some time with us. We all went to Mainland Fish Farm to choose a stand for our fish tank but also, to try our hands at prawn fishing (very hard, only a few nibbles!) and a fish spa (tons of little nibbles!) What is a Fish Spa? I don't know if you really want to know but you put your feet and legs up to the knees into water containing two gazillion fish. They instantly gravitate towards your feet and start eating all the little icky things they can find. When I first put my feet in, I screamed. The fish were a lot stronger suckers than I expected. Frunty tried but couldn't stand it as did Daddy. Pit didn't even try. It was pretty creepy but since I had already paid, I suffered through it. Honestly, it gave me a bit of an anxiety attack!

Afterwards, a truck drove the three of us to the nearby IKEA and proceeded to take Daddy home with the new stand for our acquarium. We went directly for chicken wings and then chose bedroom items for Frunty and Pit. Frunty's room will be space age with silver and blue. Pit's is full of earthy tones and I think he wants animal stickers on the walls. We found pillows with orange and green in them to match his walls. I am really excited about putting it all together in the next few days.

When we got home, we all headed over to our new local hang out called "Zazze's" which is the name of one of the guys who works there. Another guy is called Mr. Satay by the kids. He is quite friendly and likes to goof around with them while our satay sticks are being bbqed. Tonight Daddy and I tried some Indian food. It was really good. I was just getting a bit tired of satays! Pit always orders his plate of greens and eats merrily away. Frunty can't wait for the red bean dessert with sugar cane flavoured ice shavings! It is a fun spot to go and with the warm, balmy breeze, we enjoy our dinners there quite a bit.

Time to work on the fish tank! Wait to you see our equatorial paradise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment