Monday, 16 November 2009

Too Many Socks!

Today I went up to Pit's room to play and saw a whole bunch of socks on top of his dresser. I started to put them into his drawer when he said, "No, don't put them back! I don't want them anymore!" I checked in his drawer and saw 4 pairs. Quite enough really since he wears crocs everyday anyway and will have special socks eventually with his school uniform! I think Pit is a minimalist!

Speaking of the kids' rooms, they are super great and I am so thrilled with how they decided to decorate them. Frunty has a silver and blue space room with stars and planets and a rocket ship on the wall. His bed is high up with table and cool, red chair underneath. He chose it all and honestly, I am impressed. I think the red chair is just perfect. I really tried not to sway him in any way. Pit's room is orange/green/brown and will have African animals on the wall. I went downtown today to purchase them but they were out of stock. It seems all of Singapore is too so they have to be ordered!!

Speaking of going downtown today, I got a babysitter from China named Yajing to play with the kids for three hours. I went back to our old haunt, Orchard and Scots Roads. It turns out the plaza near our first home at Cairnhill Towers, has three second-hand book shops. I got a bunch of books for the upcoming Christmas season! Yajing used to work at the massage center where we go. This was her first babysitting job, she said! I guess she is somewhere in her twenties and married. Hopefully the kids were as good as she said they were...wouldn't want to scare her!

Yajing practised Mandarin with Frunty and said he was really great. She said some 7 year olds she knows in China don't write the characters as well as Frunty does. What a nice compliment! Maybe she'll babysit again!

Tomorrow we are expecting a special shipment of furniture from the Gallery House where Uncle "Candy" works, a man the kids got attached to during several of our visits. (he gives them candy each time!) I am looking forward to two small tables and a unit for odds and sods by the fish tank. So far, we have the two whicker chairs I purchased from the previous tenant in front of our tank so we can enjoy "fish tank dinners!" (In Brussels, we sometimes had "tv dinners!") We are just loving our tank and a lot of other things here in Singapore! Wish I could snap my fingers and you could all come and see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment