We are a family of athletes, I just realized. We don't talk about it but part of each day goes to swimming, playing badminton or frisbee, skate boarding, riding our bikes and walking through the fields looking for treasures. We also don't talk about the healthy eating we do to sustain our bodies. We just do it.
Yesterday Daddy and Frunty signed up for the Singapore Zoo run. I could not be prouder of the two of them as I was this morning when after their warm-up swim, they headed out the door in their matching, red, race shirts to do their 3 km. You should see them. All brown, 100% toned, all muscle. They looked awesome. This may all sound like bragging and perhaps it is. But why can't I take some credit for helping to live an active lifestyle in which we eat like kings? It means living in a conscientous manner and that is not always easy with all the temptations around us like television and junk food. But we don't succumb...we succeed and even if my guys come in the very last place at the zoo, I know they are already winners just for signing up!
Now for homework with Pit! He has to practise his Chinese characters! Bless him, he needs extra attention at school being the only foreigner but does not complain at all. Just practises over and over again, those complicated characters. With his little brown hand. How adorable can you get!?

0 comments:
Post a Comment