When I got home on Friday with Pit, I found Amy's items in front of the door. It was about 11:30am and I moved her boxes/suitcases inside our home. We were home for about 5 minutes when I heard a big "hello" and saw a huge smile. And that was that! I offered her to take some time unpacking, settling in but she insisted on starting to get to work with cleaning and washing and cooking. I managed to sit her down long enough to go through our schedule and offered again for her to unpack but she said, "I really want to wash." Ok! Let's get started.
I also told Amy that we wanted to take her out for dinner and she said she was too shy so the Daddy brought home take-out and we all sat around the coffee table chatting. Amy said she could not sit at our diningroom table and so be it. I mentioned a few things...that I always like cold tea in the fridge and there it is, all ready for me to drink. I told her that Frunty's school uniform needed major help. She scrubbed it by hand and it looks brand new. Frunty likes rolling around in the dirt at school, he told me so I told him he has to clean his own uniform. I think I'll let Amy continue that job provided Frunty stops rolling around in the Eco-garden.
Yesterday we went for family walk to Fengshan 85, a nearby market. We all had a drink and then Amy and I collected edibles while Daddy and the boys got some plumbing supplies. Amy insists on carrying everything, doing everything. I gotta tell you...and this may seem weird, but I need to carry things too. It's called keeping my muscles conditioned. And going up and down the stairs is part of my exercise regime too. So Amy will have to get used to me continuing to do different chores around the house. Frunty and Pit will continue their chores too.
What was fantastic was later in the day when we 4 went for a run/cycle followed by jumping into the pool. When we arrived home at 6pm, the delicious smell of chicken Adobo was wafting through the house. I am so grateful that I could swim and not be thinking, I gotta leave and cook. There is always that at the back of my mind. Now I can have breaks from that.
And after dinner, the Daddy and I took the MRT to the EXPO and had a lovely evening, even meeting some really nice people, Fran and Eric, whom we shared a table with at the food area. And when we came home, the house was quiet and clean and the kids were snuggled in their beds.
This morning, Amy tried to cook me breakfast. My goodness...IT'S YOUR DAY OFF! I thanked her for babysitting last night and for our tidy home and off she went on her merry way...to church. Her sister lives nearby so perhaps she is meeting up with her. Whatever...as long as she is happy and relaxing and not getting into any trouble. We are completely responsible for her so are crossing our fingers that all goes well.
What I liked is how many times my kids gave her hugs...to welcome her, to thank her...voluntarily. It really helps that we waved to eachother for several months, she at her sink, me at mine. And because the kids wash the dishes too, they waved also. This means that we are all a little familiar with eachother so the transition is easier. Daddy said, "Great choice, Mommy!" I agree...so far!

0 comments:
Post a Comment