Yesterday was quite "cool" and overcast which I found to be refreshingly pleasant. Still quite hot by Canadian standards but cooler than normal in Singapore. The 4 of us went out for a sushi lunch. "Isushi" is near the food markets and the kids love it. I am happy about this after hearing so many reports about the MSG-laden food at the markets, especially the chicken rice. "All that glitters is not gold." The food tastes very good at the markets. I was wondering why we are almost always the only foreigners eating here though and I think it is because we are all so health conscious. If you do not know about the health repercussions of MSG, check out http://www.mercola.com/.
In a week's time, our helper, Amy, will join our household and then we can eat "out" while eating "in". This means basically that I do not have to cook ever again, unless I choose to do so. Wow! I am looking forward to teaching Amy how to make sushi and follow our allergen-free cooking methods. My latest fun activity with the kids is to juice our favourite fruit and vegs and use the pulp afterwards to make cakes and muffins. The texture is a bit different because the pulp is so fine but the taste is still great and it makes for a very healthy snack. Apple and carrot muffins are delectable!
After Isushi, I took the kids to the Science Center while Daddy returned home to catch up on some chores. At the SC, the kids enjoyed all kinds of experiments. The highlight was playing in the Ecogarden. Frunty loved rubbing the lemon balm plant...smelled so good on his hands. The treehouse was so fun and we pretended to be living in it. We then enjoyed two IMAX films on Bears and the Seas.
Getting to the SC was a sinch, by the way, because Pit had been there with Daddy last week and he literally showed us the way, leading us from the Jurong East MRT station, through the markets and shops, all the way to the center. Sometimes I would ask him if we were on the right track and he would reply, "I guess so." At one point, I was unsure whether he knew the way or not so asked a lady for directions. Indeed, we were on the right path. Pit was an excellent tour guide! And we came home to a yummy dinner prepared by daddy and freshly juiced drinks with cactus!

1 comments:
We're the only foreigners eating at the food markets because we're the only foreigners eating Eastern/Asian cuisine. Many "foreigners" are self-righteous in their attempts to appear health conscious so it's not the MSG but the fact that they're in their Western restaurants eating food that's just as unhealthy - but at least it doesn't have MSG... Why are many Brits and North Americans obese? Not over-weight but actually obese?! Singaporeans are catching up fast on the weight scales thanks to globalization contributing unhealthy foreigner foods.
Post a Comment