Friday, 5 March 2010

Swimming Lessons

Every Friday I put on my TPS PSG navy blue shirt and jump in the school bus along with Frunty and Song One to head over to their school. I am a parent volunteer who helps get the kids safely to the pool, watches them while they swim, and helps return them to their classes. Along with the other parents, including one grand papa, I really enjoy my volunteer job. Who doesn't look forward to Fridays!!

I was really surprised when I found the grandparents all ready to jump in the school bus along with Frunty and me! Jet lag has been a non-issue and they are feeling good to go! What fun to have them tag along and on the bus to the pool, Frunty sat on grandpa's lap. It was a good day for them to come along as Frunty had his swim test. He did not pass to the next level. Actually, he passed to the next next level!! He really is a beautiful swimmer and as in all sports, seems to really excel naturally.

It was such a huge help to have breakfast ready for all of us and I can't help but thank Amy. Mornings are hard enough as it is and with guests, it can be even harder to make sure all their needs are met while I get the kids ready for school. With Amy, I know she is taking care of their needs and I really appreciate the help.

After the pool, the grandparents and I walked over to the mall to look for swimsuits. The shops were still all closed so what better way to kill some time? I surprised my folks with a back massage in a chair. It was their first time and they really enjoyed it and want to come back for feet massages!! For years, I have been trying to get my dad to try a massage and he always said "no". But I think when we all go together like this, it is super fun. We came home to a nice lunch followed by playing in the pool and after a delicious pasta dinner (Amy's sauce was amazing) we headed over to the night market for an ice kachang.

Happiness is found in sharing experiences in life with those we care about, that is for sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment