Sunday, 18 April 2010

Church and Naan

We have been invited several times to Uncle Andy's church so today we went. Prinsep Street Presbyterian Church. http://www.pspc.org.sg/ It was a really nice service. The music was excellent. The reverend's wife, Connie, came and talked to us. She and her husband are from Pennsylvania. We were also warmly welcomed by the congregation and had a yummy snack afterwards. The kids want to go back soon. The three of us then proceeded to Little India to get watches like Matthew and Daniel's and have lunch at our favourite place perhaps in all of Singapore, Sitara. Wonderful service especially from Anjoom and delicious food.

On the downside, this weekend was a bit hard. On Friday night, I let the kids try several items with wheat in them at Aunt Daphne's. The next day, Frunty was scratching and uncomfortable all day. Pit is now on the couch in a lot of discomfort. He is scratching and crying. I allowed him to try a very creamy dessert at Sitara's. I can see that we still have food intolerance issues and allergic reactions. I gave Pit some antihistamine but now must tend to him an Epsom Salt cool bath followed by a massage. I have been so careful but once in awhile, was hoping to reintroduce. Obviously not yet.

It's funny that someone close told me to "find another doctor" when I told about our food elimination diet. Since we started this diet, we have been physically well with no annoying skin discomfort/diarrhea etc. If one has not had a similar disease, one does not know how important it is to try an elimination diet for relief. Yes, it is hard to maintain but I am going to keep going so I don't have to see my kids suffer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment