We are all following the volcano situation daily here in Singapore as people are stuck at Changi airport as well. I know that a great many people are inconvenienced. It is not a fun topic for them. For us though, it has been an interesting topic of conversation as the boys learn more and more about what volcanoes can do. Frunty's reading is coming along really well so I give him little tidbits of information from the newspaper about Iceland. Pit explains to us how volcanoes erupt. Can you picture their big, brown eyes opened wide as they tell us passionately about volcanoes? Even before our trip to Santorini, that Greek island I chose to include so my kids could hike up a volcano, they loved them. We just saw the IMAX movie, Forces of Nature, before this occured so it is even more interesting for us.
Again, I know it is no fun for those stuck right now at the airports around the globe. I wonder though, environmentally speaking, how our planet feels about this hiatus. All the best to all of you traveling, especially our friends, the Hills, who are stuck in Spain!

0 comments:
Post a Comment