Frunty, Pit and I delivered 174 flyers inviting the residents of D'M to participate in Hallowe'en this year. We asked those interested in participating to post the pumpkin picture we provided on the invitation or decorate their home in some other way so that we trick or treaters would know whom not to bother. At 5pm, dectective Frunty ran around D'M and counted 20 participating homes. Not bad. So at 6:45pm, when we headed to the pool in our costumes, I was completely taken aback. There must have been at least 50 children in costumes with their parents. I was astonished and could hardly give the briefing I prepared. In the hour before we started trick or treating, many homes got ready!! After I somehow addressed this huge crowd, a member of the "committee" approached me and announced that from now on, D'M would make Hallowe'en an official event and there would be "funding". What an amazing result of our efforts which put smiles on everyone's faces.
But the fun did not start with trick or treating at 6:45 pm. At 5pm, we had our friends, Sam, Niamh and Killian over for pumpkin carving, bobbing for apples and bloody hot dogs with spider cookies for dessert! It was really funny. Pit had a hard night though and told me later he did not want me to be the one to organize next year. But that's okay because next year, I won't have to because it is now an official D'M event! Happy Hallowe'en everyone!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment