Papa was away in India, came home for one day and has now flown off to Melbourne for another week. To help us pass the time in a fun way, the kids and I search for couch surfers who are travelling in Singapore, invite them over for dinner and practise Italian and French with them. We all seem to be having a fun time and Frunty and Pit say they love being junior couch surfers.
In these photos, you will see Frunty and Pit with their Italian couch surfing friend, Caterina, who occasionally comes to practise Italian with us. You will also see the French couple who stayed over one night and their parents who joined us for a good bye dinner chez nous. What I could not believe is that they carried around a very special bottle of Muscat for us for two weeks while they travelled around Bali. (they had arranged to stay with us before they left France) But also that on the last day of their trip, Gwen and I rode over to pick Pit up from kindergarten together and then Fred played endlessly with the boys instead of sightseeing. They said that the kids' French is excellent so I am proud of our efforts! Last week Frunty sent postcards to some friends in Belgium en francais. He told me he really loves French again and Pit is gaining confidence too.

1 comments:
Happy Couchsurfing and Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment