Friday, 5 November 2010

Protecting our MegaMinds

Today I took the three musketeers, Frunty, Killian and Pit, to the movies to see "MegaMind", perfect for a rainy day. They enjoyed it and I was happy we could get seats together because when I bought the tickets, they could only sell single seats to me. Based on previous experience, I knew there would be seats together somewhere in the theatre with many no shows as usual.

I thought it was a perfect, rainy day activity but actually, it is not. The movie theatre is at Tampines Mall where most of Singapore seems to be loitering around. Unbelievably crowded and noisy...an assault on the senses. And then after the movie, as usual, my two started fighting and Killian joined in too. No one's fault. It seems that tv or movies have this effect on my kids and I have only just now put this all together after reading about the negative effects of this media on our minds. It is especially bad when Frunty and Pit watch something first thing in the morning which we banned a long time ago because of their negative behaviour. I think the craziness of the mall does not help either.

So what is perfect for a rainy day? The Science Center. You know why? It is virtually deserted and stimulates the mind in a positive way. Note to self!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

We second that notion!

Post a Comment