Monday, 28 March 2011
Raining Buckets
The sky went really, really dark and the wind picked up. All of a sudden, it started pouring like you wouldn't believe. I was so proud of Frunty and Pit as they yelled, "Close the windows!!!" and ran around the house doing just that. And then, with the river swirling by in front of our home, we jumped out of the door and into the wet where we played, splashed, ran around and enjoyed the relief brought on by the rain! In fact, I got pretty chilly as the boys and I took turns scooping up buckets of water and pouring them over each other's heads. It was fun! But chilly. And then lightning cracked the air and when it does in Singapore, for some reason it is louder than anywhere I have ever heard it before. So we ran inside and warmed up while Pit read us a story about Jan on a sled after Frunty taught him some new words during a spelling game. What a perfect afternoon!

0 comments:
Post a Comment