Today we celebrated Friendship Day at Frunty's school and Pit and Papa took the morning off to participate and help with the making of a Maple Leaf bird! Last night, the boys and I showed Ailene how to make rice crispy balls and we threw in some Maple Syrup to make them Canadian. We served these balls to the students but called them "Maple Beaver Droppings". One student took three as they were stuck together and about ten minutes later, came over to me with the balls in his hands and asked, "Can I eat these?" to which I replied, "Can."
The children also completed Canadian word searches at our booth and visited the other countries' stations as well: India, China, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and the Philippines were also featured. It was a fun morning although very loud and crazy with so many excited students running around. Our family dressed in our Canadian t-shirts. I had hoped to wear my native Indian costume which I had ordered on e-bay but it did not arrive in time. I'll have to wear it on Racial Harmony Day in July! It's good to have friends from around the world! And we are very grateful for it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment