Friday, 8 December 2006

I forgot to add that I decided to join this club called Royal LaRasante. (www.royallarasante.be) It is about one year old and quite nice, apparently very "posh" and fancy but I really don't find it so myself. This is because, for Belgium standards it is new and awesome but for a spoiled North American like me, it is not outstanding in any way. Completely different standards. I would say that it is less "posh" than the Mayfair in Toronto just to give an idea but definitely better than Mademoiselle Spa.

I have joined because the pool is very warm and the kids lips don't go blue and their bodies don't shiver and the air around the pool is warm and the showers are any temperature you want. The public pools are cold period. I also tried an excellent yoga/pilates class and hope to attend again. Frunty asked if we could stay there forever, his words, and that also encouraged me to join. Some would say it is expensive but what is my physical and mental health worth to me? If I can find a club I am happy going to, where I will actually exercise and take time to relax as well, then it is worth it. On top of this, I am able to put Pit or Frunty in the creche together (or alone, depending if Frunty is in school of course) and I am right in the same building so can easily be retrieved. I tried the creche 3 or 4 times now and have been very happy with the women working there and the job they have done.

So that is that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment