Monday, 2 June 2008

Today was hot and muggy but then clouded over and a storm passed through with lots of lighting and thunder...I love that calm before though when the skies are so grey and brooding. It was really beautiful. We invited Frunty's friend, Leah, to visit afterschool. We spent a bit of time at the park and then came here to feed Felix Ashley. I set up the paints for the kids on the deck but we all had to move in when it started to rain. It was so green and lush looking out back, with the grey sky and my bright red geraniums.

Pit decided to paint one arm gold and then got furious and cried when I explained we had to wash it off. He was tired from having gone to the pool with his own little friend, Etienne and his mom, Heike from Germany, this morning. The kids all made really lovely works of art. Frunty is awesome with his combination of colours. I enjoyed my time with the three kids and was able to prepare dinner while they painted away at the table...the beauty of open-concept.

I know no one is reading my blog anymore. I quit writing for a very long time. I did not record the day to day things anymore in the blog format, only on my wall calendar. Sometimes we all need breaks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment