skip to main |
skip to sidebar
We celebrated Frunty's birthday party with his friends today at the Royal La Rasante sports club where he is a member. The Mommy did an excellent job of organising the invitations and the planning. His invitees (from left to right) were his little brother, Ying Ying (Taiwan), Xhun (Guatemala), Antoine (France), Albert (Norway), and Leo (from England but absent for the photo) - not a single Belgian! The Mommy enlisted my help for execution and I was given my orders: buy snacks at the grocery store, make sandwiches, horse around in the pool, play soccer in the field, take pictures, etc., etc. complete with hour-by-hour schedule. Gosh that was easy and fun!
Frunty received his club guests at the front entrance where there is a little playground. They played on the jungle gym and as his friends would arrive, he would open his gifts and they would go back to playing. When the group was complete, we split into teams to hit the change rooms and off to the swimming pool. Going at noon is great because everyone is having lunch and so we had the pool to ourselves. I was in the water, while The Mommy and Friend stayed in regular clothes just in case. We played chase, "Swim the underwater tunnel", "Chuck the Child", and "Drown the Daddy".
After pool time, we went to the back fields to have a picnic - snacks and sandwiches - and to play soccer. But I think the children we too tired from the pool to really play any games. They preferred to sit in the shade and take it easy. We played "pass the parcel" with a slight twist - I was singing the music and The Mommy and Friend danced. I think the children didn't know what to do: pass the parcel or watch the show.
Cake time was yummy since they were very chocolaty. Of course, the cakes have no gluten, no dairy, and no eggs but no one noticed they were different from any other cake. Overall, things went very smoothly thanks to The Mommy's great planning. The weather was warm and sunny, no fights erupted, no one got hurt, and no one even shed a tear. We left the club shortly afterwards to go home where the boys calmly played with the new toys. Just before lights-out, I asked Frunty if he enjoyed his party and he said, "Oh yes! I loved it!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment