Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Pit's Kindergarten

Today we visited Pit's kindergarten which is called Bethesda Bedok-Tampines Kindergarten. It is located in a brand new building which also houses the Open Brethren Church. It is a really lovely facility and not too far from our home. The English classroom looks cute as does the Mandarin. Pit wants to join the computer class where there are tiny chairs/tables and of course, tiny kids. He was a bit shy during our visit and tour but seemed comforted by the idea that I would sit upstairs while he goes to school so that the principal can call me to come down if need be. After awhile, I hope I can use the three hours that he is in class to do errands etc.

For both schools, a bus will pick up/deliver the kids from our home. Starting in January, it is the law that children wear seatbelts on these buses so I am pretty happy that both kids will start using buses in January. I was planning on riding Pit back and forth and may do that at first as I promised to sit upstairs while he is in class, as I said. It'll be quite a change to put them on a bus, that's for sure. I am used to going back and forth so many times a day. I had better find another way to exercise! Maybe going up and down our 4 storey home will keep me in shape!

After the school visit, we had lunch at a great, hawker's market called Feng Shan 85 by the school and then got in a taxi to the Air Force Museum. It was small but interesting. We were the only ones there the entire time. Later Sakae Sushi followed by Mandarin with Shea. She sure is doing a great job and Frunty and Pit were saying lots of words. Frunty actually is having mini-conversations with Shea. Wait til you hear him! Kids are fast asleep so it's time to look through the IKEA catalogue. Moving day is coming up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment